Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Direction

After class on Tuesday 19th, I was able to get more specific direction for my project from everyones comments and suggestions.  Since I have worked a bit on this project last semester I have been able to think about it for awhile.  I was able to write a rough draft to help give me some direction and found it to be much easier (in-depth dare I say) to stick to a more specific topic as apposed to an overall view of holistic health and healing.

Some ideas that were brought to my attention in class that I would really like to look into for direction in my project is:

1)  Assessing one specific ailment (ie. cancer) through case studies to see the benefits and disadvantages of various treatments (holistic, drug therapy etc.)

2) Looking into the issues going on with the current health care reform.  Is there funding currently for holistic measures?  Is there conversation of room for holistic practices in a new health system?
       I must admit I was a bit hesitant at first to tackle much of anything to do with the new health care reform in my project.  I personally felt it was possibly biting off more than I could chew.  Yet the more I contemplated the idea, I began to realize this may be the most important time to merge the two.  I feel with the right approach this could be a great direction to look into.

Overall, I found the suggestions and questions in class a great direction for my project.  I do believe the more specific I get the better I will be able to research and conclude on ideas in my field of study.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is Sara and Katy and we were wondering if you had any time to meet up with us to talk more in depth about Heavenly Mountain? Also if there was a time where we could follow you up there to check it out? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete